**$5,000 sign on bonus available** w/ 12 month commitment
Tucson is set in a Sonoran Desert valley surrounded by five mountain ranges. Boasting an average 350 sunny days a year and warm dry air, the climate is ideal for year-round outdoor recreation. Tucson offers one-of-a-kind experiences for those interested in outdoor adventure and nature, heritage and culture, arts and attractions, golf and original Southwest-inspired dining.
Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care ??? and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.??
Schedule- M-F 8am-5p, no nights, weekends or holiday
Specific Job Details: This clinic also has other subspecialties such as Maternal Fetal Medicine, High Risk, Diabetic Clinic, MOMS Clinic (Moms Under Medicines), perinatal consults, high volumes of outside referrals for high risk patients, Uro/Gyn specialty, Oncology/GYN ultrasounds.
University Medical Center Tucson PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting ground breaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is Southern Arizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to the obstetric and gynecologic patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs maternal fetal medicine high-risk obstetric ultrasounds working with on-site perinatologists to include: first trimester ultrasounds, detailed anatomy level one & level two ultrasounds in the second and third trimester, transvaginal ultrasounds, maternal and fetal doppler studies, BPP, and 3D ultrasounds. Ultrasounds on patients with high BMI in pregnancy, scanning multiples, Fetal Echocardiography, Nuchal Translucency/Nasal Bone are within the scope of this sonographer.
2. Performs procedures including fetal echocardiography and ultrasound guided amniocentesis/CVS by following and verifying referring providers??? orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
3. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
4. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
5. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
6. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, professional and certification responsibilities related to the practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
9. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members. ??
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires national certification in the area of specialty from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or from Cardiovascular Credentialing International. BLS certification required.
Nuchal Translucency and CLEAR cervix certification required as well as Obstetrics/Gynecology certification. Successful candidate must obtain Nuchal Translucency, CLEAR, and OBGYN certifications within six (6) months of hire date. Clinical knowledge typically achieved with two years of experience working with an on-site perinatologist and one year of experience in MFM ultrasounds and procedures. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certified in Fetal Echocardiography (ARDMS) and Uterine Artery Doppler Studies.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.